- An alternative to PowerPoint.
- Zooming engages viewers.
- Embed images and video easily.
- Allows for the presenter to go back, see all the content, then zoom in.
- Saves on Prezi's server so there's no file to save, no conversion problems.
- Allows for multiple presenters to work on the Prezi in real time.
- Need the internet to create and edit, but can save and view offline.
Before you start your Prezi, have all of your research done and your digital media picked out and ready to go. A good rule of thumb is to have the following for each "frame": A Big Idea or Focused Content and a Digital Element. You will express your big idea or focused content with text. A digital element would be a photo, graphic, or video.
1. Go to Prezi.com
2. Sign Up (Choose the free plan)
3. Click on New Prezi and title it.
4. You will have a choice of templates or a blank page. After choosing, you will see a frame. Frames are very important as all content you wish to display must be "framed." Click on the text that's there or double-click to add text. The icons on the top allow you to add more frames and content such as images, videos, files, a PowerPoint, or a shape.
5. You can keep the theme or change it by click on Themes. (You can change it later).
6. Double click, add text, and click away. Click back on the text.
7. Let the cursor rest on the right side of the page. Click on the Home button on the left whenever you feel lost, or wish to view the entire prezi, or make the frames larger or smaller.
8. You can put frames within frames. This is helpful sometimes. The image search allows for you to use pictures from Google or your files. You need the URL for the YouTube video to embed in Prezi.
9. The numbers on the side show you the order of your Prezi frames. You can change these by clicking on Edit Path and then clicking on a frame. You can click and drag these numbers too, OR move the frames on the left side panel. When you're done, click on Edit Path again to get out of it.
9. Click on the show button to see how your Prezi will look. Note that Prezi autosaves every couple of minutes.
10. Add a collaborator using the following steps: Click on the two people icon at the top of the page, click on Invite to Edit. Copy the Link. Create an email to your partner and paste the link. You will then both be able to edit the Prezi together.
Note: To add music you must add a YouTube video off to the side of your Prezi. Do NOT add it to your path or take it off if it does it automatically. When you are ready to present, click on Home for the entire screen. Click the YouTube song to Play. Then click on the Play button to start your Prezi. When you are finished, click on the Home button, and stop the YouTube video. This is by far, the easiest way to add music.
(Technology Literacy Knowledge and Skills):
Lesson Plan ideas:
Research projects around the time period of the novel.
Describe a literary device or movement
Exploration of one aspect of history (Wars, social issues, etc.)
How a trade relates to history
Describe a world religion or government
Examine human or civil rights
Description of a science experiment
Exploration of a scientific process
How a trade relates to science
Explore a culture or country
Examine an important figure or time periods in a different country
Show how math relates to every day life
How a trade relates to math
For Vocational Teachers: Address common Vocational Frameworks for Strand 4 and Strand 6.
Lesson Plan Ideas to address Performance Indicators for Strand 4 (Employability Knowledge and Skills):
1. Students research careers in their trade and create a Prezi with graphics, text, and video (4.A.01).
2. Students review a professional journal, choose an article, and develop a glog that summarizes the article that they will then present to the class (4.A.02).