Print Collection: Nursing Program books are located near the door to the courtyard. Borrow at the circulation desk.
Print Periodicals: The Library subscribes to the following print magazines: Nursing and The American Journal of Nursing. The current issue remains in the Library, but all back issues may circulate.
1. Go to the Monty Tech website at www.montytech.net.
2. Go to Curriculum, and then click Library/Media Center.
3. Click on the Research Databases link of the Monty Tech website.
4. Choose a database. From Monty Tech, all links will work without passwords. If you are at home, you need to type the login and password. For JSTOR, you will need to type in a URL from the Library (see handout or ask the Library for the address/passwords).
For EBSCO databases, type search.ebscohost.com in your browser then enter the login and password. Choose the databases you wish to search.
For Gale Group databases, get the free mobile app. On your device, search for the app: access my library.
· Install the blue app and open it. The app will read: AML.
· A library map will open. Touch Library List, pick one and click Access Resources. (You may have to click on Update My Library first.)
· Click: Access Resources. You will have a choice between Gale Databases, Gale eBooks, or the library's phone number to call. Pick a database, or search all of them in PowerSearch.
For JSTOR, type jstor in your browser. Log in through your own login. Ask the Library for the special URL needed to setup an account.
The Library has several databases that may be useful for Nursing Program students. The top three are available through EBSCO publishing group. The next four are available through Gale Publishing Group. The last is from JSTOR:
CINAHL Plus: Full text for nursing and allied health journals included in the CINAHL index –covers biomedicine, health sciences, alternative medicine, and more. (Contains Nursing 1981 to present: full-text and American Journal of Nursing 1981 to present: not full-text).
Got a research project and don't know what to do? Try the Library's Research Process LibGuide using the tabs above.
Use Easybib.com to cite your sources. Register with easybib to get rid of ads, use their note-taking and APA features, and to save your bibliographies. When you register, enter the Monty Tech password for the school account.