Glogs are interactive, online posters with options for text boxes, graphics, pictures, links, video, audio, and more. (Video and audio are optional).
To see some great examples, go to http://edu.glogster.com/glogpedia
1. Using the Chrome Browser, go to: edu.glogster.com and register. Enter this number: 871222. Type in your full name, Monty Tech username for the nickname, password, and email address.
2. Your Dashboard will have all your glogs.
3. Click on Create New Glog. Choose a template. You can delete any content by clicking on the item and the trash can. Clicking the + icon brings up the edit box.
4. The Wall. The glog wall can be your picture (upload), one of theirs (Gallery), or a solid color..
5. Graphics. Click on an image and use it. Change the color by clicking the eye- dropper. Create a link to a website (link button) or make it three-dimensional or transparent by clicking the wand.
6. Text. Add with or without a text graphic. If you choose a graphic and have a lot of text, choose a large box. Any extra text will scroll in Preview.
7. Images. If the image is on your computer already, upload to the glog. You can add a “Frame” before you click on use it. You can also search for images in Google and use it.
8. Video. Upload if you have one downloaded. Or search for a video using YouTube (separate tab). Click on the cloud icon when you have the URL. When you see your video, click on it. You can also add a “Player.” In order view it, you need to click on Preview.
9. Audio. Download to your computer first (see below). Click on the upload button. Add a player. If you wish to record your voice, click on camera tool and grab it.
10. Preview the glog before you save and publish it.
11. Save and Share. Rename it. When you are done, click on Finished.
12. Print Glog Right click or Control click on the glog.
For music downloads, go to www.downloads.nl and click on Music. Search for a song and play to make sure.
Right click (or control-click) on the link. Save Link as… to the desktop.
Note: Teachers can request the Librarian to make a LibGuide with all student glog addresses for ease in viewing all glogs for a class project. Ask students to comment on their classmate’s glogs.
(Technology Literacy Knowledge and Skills):
Lesson Plan ideas:
Research projects around the time period of the novel.
Describe a literary device or movement
Exploration of one aspect of history (Wars, social issues, etc.)
How a trade relates to history
Describe a world religion or government
Examine human or civil rights
Description of a science experiment
Exploration of a scientific process
How a trade relates to science
Explore a culture or country
Examine an important figure or time periods in a different country
Show how math relates to every day life
How a trade relates to math
For Vocational Teachers:Use Glogster to address common Vocational Frameworks for Strand 4 and Strand 6.
Lesson Plan Ideas to address Performance Indicators for Strand 4 (Employability Knowledge and Skills):
1. Students research careers in their trade and create a glog with graphics, text, and video (4.A.01). Here's a link to a glog about nurses who are men: http://pek264.edu.glogster.com/non-trad-nursing/
2. Students review a professional journal, choose an article, and develop a glog that summarizes the article that they will then present to the class (4.A.02).