Try at least two different sources. If prompted, enter montytech1 as the password.
Author Biography: John Steinbeck
1. When and where did he live?
2. What was his family like (mother, father, siblings, marriage)
3. How do you believe his life experiences shaped the novels he wrote?
California (Setting of novel and home of John Steinbeck)
1. What is the connection between this area and John Steinbeck?
2. What is this area like geographically?
3. What are the main industries of this region? What types of crops are grown here?
The Great Depression
1. What is the Great Depression and when did it take place?
2. What are believed to be some causes of the Great Depression?
3. What was the result of the Great Depression on people who lived during this time period?
The Dust Bowl
1. What was the Dust Bowl?
2. How did the Dust Bowl affect the people that were living there?
3. Where did many people go to escape the effects of the Dust Bowl?
1. What led to the existence of migrant workers during the 1930?s?
2. What was life like for these migrant workers?
3. Primarily, where did the migrant workers travel to and from during the 1930?s?
1930s Everyday Life/Arts and Entertainment
1. What was daily life like for those living during the 1930s?
2. How do prices of daily items in the 1930s compare to what they are now?
3. What types of entertainment did people of the 1930s enjoy?
FDR and the New Deal
1. Who is FDR?
2. What is the New Deal?
3. How did the New Deal affect people who lived during that time period?
The American Dream
1. What is the American Dream?
2. How do you think the American Dream changed during the Great Depression?
3. Is the American Dream still something people strive for today?
U.S. History in Context
Answer the questions from the Webquest in a note taking sheet. Take more notes on what you find interesting.
Choose one of the following questions to answer. Synthesize information from a few different sources to respond to one of the following questions in depth.