1. Database Researching: Browse decades in Pop Culture Universe. Choose one decade (from 1900s to 2000s) to research. Read the overview of the decade and take notes. Pick one topic from the list to study in depth or choose your own.
2. Type your research notes on one topic of the decade (see list). Use the Google Doc NoteSheet to the right or use your own method. Look for helpful quotations and facts. Paste the citation from the databases into your notes sheet.
3. Develop a thesis statement about your decade. Support your claim with factual information from your research.
5. Write a
6. Create a Works Cited using properly formatted MLA citations. You must use at least two different databases. Proper MLA formatting is required. Use Chrome Extension and Google Docs Add-on.
Step One: Choose a decade to research, read an overview, and then find information in the databases below for a topic in one of these categories:
Pop Culture Universe is part of ABC-CLIO. Click on Explore a Decade or Decades. Click on "Topics" to get started. Use this database later for topics on fashion, music, and popular culture. From home, use the montytech1 as username and password.
ABC-CLIO is a huge Social Studies database. Choose a database or search them all at the same time (recommended). You are more likely to find the article you want if there are more hits in the database. Use the Monty Tech password at home.
Gale Virtual Reference Library is a collection of 336 encyclopedias. As you scroll through your results, read the headings. No password is needed at home.
Log into your Google Drive Account first. Click here, then File and Make a Copy.
Note: A great practice is to print them and cut them into boxes when you write your paper!
Once again, you must submit your:
- Typed notes sheets on your decade
- 2-3 page written response
- Works Cited page
Total project is worth 100 points.
Format for Written Response:
- 12 point font
- Times New Roman font
- Double spaced
- 1 inch margins
Works Cited Page:
The Works Cited will contain all of the sources you have utilized for this project. Proper MLA formatting is required.