Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Normally you would not have a separate title page, however, because your paper is so short, I would like you to have a title page.
The following information should be included:
Pre-AP English 9
Ms. Farias/ Ms. Chase
12 December 2019
This information should be centered, double spaced, 12 font and 1/3 from the top of the page.
- Center the title of your topic
- Thesis: Here you will type the MAIN IDEA of your paper/ essentially your ASSERTION!
- Your outline should be a road map to your paper. Follow the outline example given.
See the example given and follow ALL tips given.
- To create a works cited page, please follow the directions given.
- Use MyBib
- Do not “doctor up”
- Alphabetical order
- Double check formatting
Research Paper Checklist
Read your paper, checking for ALL of the things listed below. Then give it to a peer to read. You should have 2 checkmarks by each item.
DO YOU HAVE???
- 12 point font
- Times New Roman
- Double spaced
- 1 inch margins
- Running header: Last Name and page #
- Works cited is alphabetized
- Works Cited has properly format double spacing & proper indentations and at least 3 sources
- Clear and well-developed assertion/thesis
- At least 2 parenthetically cited facts/details which are correctly formatted
- At least TWO PAGES
- Formal academic language and tone check spelling and capitalization as well as NO PERSONAL PRONOUNS!!!
- Cover sheet with correct information
- Correctly formatted outline
ORDER OF PAGES
- Cover Page
- Works Cited
- Research Notes