Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
You will use MLA format to create a Works Cited. Register with easybib and save your citations. Sign up with Google.
Different Types of Love
You will be writing a paper that proves that a character from Romeo and Juliet demonstrates a specific type of love.
These are listed as follows:
- Unrequited Love: Romeo for Rosaline, Paris for Juliet
- Romantic Love: Romeo and Juliet
- Parental Love: Lord and Lady Capulet for Juliet - Lord and Lady Montague for Romeo - Nurse for Juliet
- Friendship: Romeo and Benvolio - Romeo and Mercutio - Romeo and Friar Laurence - Nurse and Juliet
- Love of Family Honor: Tybalt, Mercutio, or Romeo
1. Prove your argument by citing examples from the text, Romeo and Juliet. Your citation should include the Act, Scene, Line number(s). Ex: "Quote," (3.1.22-23). No Fear Shakespeare Link
2. Use outside source(s) to explain your specific type of love. Good sources include:
- Using Google to search for your terms and study (Ex: romantic love study) in order to get research on love rather than some blog entry.
- For family honor, use quotes around the words: "family honor." It will search this phrase as one word.
- The best sources are written by someone who is an expert in the field, and someone that cites their sources!
- Do not use blog entries or student projects as sources!
For full credit, you will pass in the following:
- 1-2 page research paper
- MLA formatted Works Cited page
- Your packet of note sheets
Requirements for paper:
- Typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman (sized 12), 1" margins.
- Body of paper is 1-2 pages. You will have an introductory paragraph with a thesis. You will then have at least three well-formed body paragraphs and a paragraph at the end for your conclusion.
- Staple paper to Works Cited page (last page) in the upper left corner.
The first page must have the following in the upper left corner (copy, paste, and replace if you like):
Date of project
Your Teacher's Name
Due date: TBA.
Late projects: minus 10 points for each day late.