Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Thursday, Feb. 7th:
- Overview of the Research Process
- Concept of background, keywords, and questions
- Begin research
Wednesday, Feb. 27th:
- The Essential Question
- Conducting a proper search
- Taking quality notes & avoiding plagiarism
Tuesday, Mar. 12th:
- Easybib.com (register) and the Works Cited
- Parenthetical citation (intro)
- Continue research
Monday, Mar. 25th:
- Continue writing
Tuesday, Mar. 26th:
- Finish writing
Thursday, Mar. 28th:
Topics: Choose from the following list:
Queen Elizabeth I (pick two):
- Her family and childhood
- Life as the Queen of England
- Her contributions and legacy
Elizabethan Theatre (pick two):
- The stage
- The audience
Shakespeare (pick success and one of the others):
- His childhood and family life
- His success*
- His retirement
Health (pick one):
- Hygiene, sickness, and medicine
- Bubonic plague
Food and Drink (do all three):
- Meals and diet
Entertainments (pick two - don’t study the theatre):
Law (pick two):
- The court
- Poor Laws
Society (pick the family and one of the others):
- The family*
- You will write at least a 1 page research paper (not including the Works Cited). It must be typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman, font sized 12, 1" margins.
- You will need at least THREE sources for your paper. All must be from a database or ebook.
- All completed source note cards must be turned in with your final paper.
- A Works Cited page as your last page in correct format by utilizing Easybib.com.
- You are also expected to use homework time, both during academic and shop weeks, and after school time as needed to complete the requirements. Late projects will not be accepted. If you are absent the day the project is due, it is due the next day you are in school- whether academic or shop week.
Use Easybib.com to store your citations and create your Works Cited. You need to register with easybib to be able to save your bibliographies. When you register, enter the Montytech password to get the school account.